I’m probably going to say this at the beginning of each month, but I seriously cannot believe it’s April already!
I have yet another TBR to share with you, and like last month I have stuck to 4 books and a special theme to help me in choosing these books.
Continue reading “April 2018 TBR + Potential YouTube Channel?!”
So I unconsciously did a thing with my TBR last month in Feb, where, only after watching HaileyInBookland’s video March TBR | Books I want to read this month I realised this.
In my TBR for February, I added 4 books each of a specific category: Continue reading “March TBR!!!”
We’ve made it to the end of the week, and I have posted every day that I promised!! Excuse me while I do a victory dance.
It is almost the middle of February and I have for you this months TBR! The only reason I am confident in posting this because well I haven’t even read half a book since Feb started, so in my eyes technically Feb hasn’t actually started. Continue reading “A Late an’ Ambitious February TBR!”
WOW okay so 2018 is here.
This is scary, I literally wasn’t ready for 2017 to end; it was such a crazy year I feel like I need a week break where nothing happens, just reflection on the year that was. But sadly we didn’t get this and time must go on!
Continue reading “January 2018 TBR”
Hey Ho Bookaholics!!
The BookTubeAthon starts tomorrow at Midnight! My friend Tracy (@trufflebooks) dragged me into this and now I’m going to attempt to read 7 books in 7 days!!
The prompts for the books are as listed below:
So with the Tracy’s help, I managed to chose 7 books which I hope to, but most likely will not finish within the seven days of the challenge.
Continue reading “BookTubeAthon TBR!”
Hey Ho Bookaholics!
What is this? I am doing a TBR post?
Why yes I am. I haven’t done a TBR post in a while as my reading has been super irregular and I have been reading really slowly that as I said a few posts back, I have only read 5 books in 6 moths and that is appalling.
I have decided to get back on track with a TBR that I will (hopefully) stick to.
I have created monthly TBR shelves on my Goodreads page, with each month containing roughly 3-5 books that I will hopefully finish – and review – within the month. The June TBR Shelf contains only 4 books, one of which I have already started.
The four books include: Continue reading “July TBR!”
Hey Ho Bookaholics!
I’m back guys, did you miss me? I feel so bad that it has been a week since I last posted on this wonderful blog and I can break it down to two things – that should never have stopped me blogging in the first place;
1. Work: my dad got me a job in a factory working 8hour shifts Monday to Friday and I am damn exhausted and very cranky.
2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: only the best cop show to grace our screens! This is what has been occupying my time after work and now that I’m up-to-date with all the episodes, I have more time to blog without distractions.
Silly excuses but hey what can I say, maybe a weeks break is a good thing?
I’m also back from my reading slump-ish thing that had me 30 pages into the most amazing piece of literature: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff with no desire to finish it; so upon finishing the last episode of B99, I picked up The Fifth Avenue Artists Society by Joy Callaway for a genre change and I’m loving it!
Today I’d love to discuss with you what books I plan to read – and hopefully buy – this year. These books are all anticipated new reads that I wish to read in order to either complete an already begun series or a stand-alone that has really piqued my interest.
- The Illuminae Files #3 by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman, which is currently untitled and will most definitely trump the other two books in the series as Illumiae did to Gemina. I also hope to go to the book launch this year when the book is released as it would be lovely to meet Amie and Jay once again and be treated to Jay’s witty humor and Amie’s goofiness.
- Magnus Chase and The Ship Of The Dead by Rick Riordan, will finally get us to Ragnarok, ironically in the same year that Thor 3: Ragnarok is being released, and though I still have to read all the Percy Jackson books before October, I can’t wait for the release!
- A Court Of War And Ruin by Sarah J. Mass, though I an still yet to read ACOTAR and ACOMAF I would love to start this series as I have heard lots of praise on this series.
- Lord Of Shadows by Cassandra Clare because Shadowhunters are life!!!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber, is another book that has been given lots of praise by ARC readers and the premise sounds absolutely captivating.
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shanon, though I already own it, I am yet to read it so it must make my list for anticipated reads as it has not been released as yet.
And that concludes my not so extensive list of books I want to read in terms of what is being released this year, though there are many other books much like the Percy Jackson books that are ‘old’ that I still need to read.
What Books Are You Anticipating The Release Of This Year?
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a Lovely Night!!
Thank You so much for reading and I hope to see you all back here again Monday 🙂
I’m a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere!
© Jasper+Spice 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, some photos are my own and were featured on my Instagram @thebookishbree. Please follow me on Goodreads (jasperandspice).
Welcome back Bookaholics!
I still cannot believe that Christmas is tomorrow! This year has been a rollercoaster for me, not just in school but aslo in trying to keep my blog up and running; but I can proudly come to the end of the year and say that I have accomplished much much more than I ever expected.
So I was watching YouTube one day – as one does to avoid doing anything productive – and I stumbled upon a video Kat from Katytastic made a while back about Popular books she hadn’t read, it was a funny coincidence because I was just thinking the same thing before I click onto the video. I watched it and nodded along with some of the books she had mentioned and felt what some would call ‘shame’.
I have now learnt that I am not alone in having not read many unpopular books, and other people have this problem as well, so don’t judge me when I say I haven’t read the following series;
Continue reading “Popular Books To Read In The New Year”
Hey Ho Bookaholics!
Today I bring to you the books I plan to read for the next three months of summer which i assure you will go by so so fast!
With all the stuff I have planned for the next three months, I doubt I’ll actually have time to finish all of these but I really do hope I can.
Continue reading “Summer TBR 2016-2017!”
Hello Bookaholics, and welcome to Spring!
As the title suggests, today I will be discussing the books I will be reading in September and October, as well some news about this blog which I am super excited to share with you all!
Continue reading “What I’ll be reading in September/ October + Blog news!”