Hey Ho Bookaholics!
I’m back guys, did you miss me? I feel so bad that it has been a week since I last posted on this wonderful blog and I can break it down to two things – that should never have stopped me blogging in the first place;
1. Work: my dad got me a job in a factory working 8hour shifts Monday to Friday and I am damn exhausted and very cranky.
2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: only the best cop show to grace our screens! This is what has been occupying my time after work and now that I’m up-to-date with all the episodes, I have more time to blog without distractions.
Silly excuses but hey what can I say, maybe a weeks break is a good thing?
I’m also back from my reading slump-ish thing that had me 30 pages into the most amazing piece of literature: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff with no desire to finish it; so upon finishing the last episode of B99, I picked up The Fifth Avenue Artists Society by Joy Callaway for a genre change and I’m loving it!
Today I’d love to discuss with you what books I plan to read – and hopefully buy – this year. These books are all anticipated new reads that I wish to read in order to either complete an already begun series or a stand-alone that has really piqued my interest.
- The Illuminae Files #3 by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman, which is currently untitled and will most definitely trump the other two books in the series as Illumiae did to Gemina. I also hope to go to the book launch this year when the book is released as it would be lovely to meet Amie and Jay once again and be treated to Jay’s witty humor and Amie’s goofiness.
- Magnus Chase and The Ship Of The Dead by Rick Riordan, will finally get us to Ragnarok, ironically in the same year that Thor 3: Ragnarok is being released, and though I still have to read all the Percy Jackson books before October, I can’t wait for the release!
- A Court Of War And Ruin by Sarah J. Mass, though I an still yet to read ACOTAR and ACOMAF I would love to start this series as I have heard lots of praise on this series.
- Lord Of Shadows by Cassandra Clare because Shadowhunters are life!!!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber, is another book that has been given lots of praise by ARC readers and the premise sounds absolutely captivating.
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shanon, though I already own it, I am yet to read it so it must make my list for anticipated reads as it has not been released as yet.
And that concludes my not so extensive list of books I want to read in terms of what is being released this year, though there are many other books much like the Percy Jackson books that are ‘old’ that I still need to read.
What Books Are You Anticipating The Release Of This Year?
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a Lovely Night!!
Thank You so much for reading and I hope to see you all back here again Monday 🙂
I’m a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere!
© Jasper+Spice 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, some photos are my own and were featured on my Instagram @thebookishbree. Please follow me on Goodreads (jasperandspice).
Welcome back Bookaholics!
I still cannot believe that Christmas is tomorrow! This year has been a rollercoaster for me, not just in school but aslo in trying to keep my blog up and running; but I can proudly come to the end of the year and say that I have accomplished much much more than I ever expected.
So I was watching YouTube one day – as one does to avoid doing anything productive – and I stumbled upon a video Kat from Katytastic made a while back about Popular books she hadn’t read, it was a funny coincidence because I was just thinking the same thing before I click onto the video. I watched it and nodded along with some of the books she had mentioned and felt what some would call ‘shame’.
I have now learnt that I am not alone in having not read many unpopular books, and other people have this problem as well, so don’t judge me when I say I haven’t read the following series;
Continue reading “Popular Books To Read In The New Year”
Hey Ho Bookaholics!
Today I bring to you the books I plan to read for the next three months of summer which i assure you will go by so so fast!
With all the stuff I have planned for the next three months, I doubt I’ll actually have time to finish all of these but I really do hope I can.
Continue reading “Summer TBR 2016-2017!”
Hello Bookaholics, and welcome to Spring!
As the title suggests, today I will be discussing the books I will be reading in September and October, as well some news about this blog which I am super excited to share with you all!
Continue reading “What I’ll be reading in September/ October + Blog news!”
I know it is a bit late (almost two weeks into the month), but here is what I have planned to read in the month of August.
I am trying to keep my TBR pile for this month small as I do not have much time to read, due to this month being a crazy month with school tests and organising my university preferences for next year.
This very short list features three books, one of which I have been begging the library to purchase for quite some time now. This book is The Epidemic by Suzanne Young, one that I have anticipated the release of since I finished the previous book The Remedy almost five months ago. I will be featuring a review for this book once I finish it, hopefully in a few days.
The second book on my list – working up the pile – is Library of Souls, the last book in the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the series and I powered through them with ease and anticipation; I can now understand why Jessie from Jessiethereader on YouTube is in absolute love with this series.
And finally, the last book that I need to finish this month is Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix! I recently -on impulse…- bought Harry Potter and The Cursed Child when it was released in Australia on Harry’s birthday. I have a post up about that, which can be viewed here.
Hopefully I will be able to finish all three of these books, and maybe more before the month is over. My fingers and toes are crossed tight.
QOTM: What books are on your August TBR?
I’m a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on all Books using the link below;
© Jasper+Spice 2015. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This book TBR post was not sponsored in any way and all opinions are entirely my own. The photo featured was originally posted on my Instagram @jasperandspice.