Hey Ho Bookaholics!
I’m back guys, did you miss me? I feel so bad that it has been a week since I last posted on this wonderful blog and I can break it down to two things – that should never have stopped me blogging in the first place;
1. Work: my dad got me a job in a factory working 8hour shifts Monday to Friday and I am damn exhausted and very cranky.
2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: only the best cop show to grace our screens! This is what has been occupying my time after work and now that I’m up-to-date with all the episodes, I have more time to blog without distractions.
Silly excuses but hey what can I say, maybe a weeks break is a good thing?
I’m also back from my reading slump-ish thing that had me 30 pages into the most amazing piece of literature: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff with no desire to finish it; so upon finishing the last episode of B99, I picked up The Fifth Avenue Artists Society by Joy Callaway for a genre change and I’m loving it!
Today I’d love to discuss with you what books I plan to read – and hopefully buy – this year. These books are all anticipated new reads that I wish to read in order to either complete an already begun series or a stand-alone that has really piqued my interest.
- The Illuminae Files #3 by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman, which is currently untitled and will most definitely trump the other two books in the series as Illumiae did to Gemina. I also hope to go to the book launch this year when the book is released as it would be lovely to meet Amie and Jay once again and be treated to Jay’s witty humor and Amie’s goofiness.
- Magnus Chase and The Ship Of The Dead by Rick Riordan, will finally get us to Ragnarok, ironically in the same year that Thor 3: Ragnarok is being released, and though I still have to read all the Percy Jackson books before October, I can’t wait for the release!
- A Court Of War And Ruin by Sarah J. Mass, though I an still yet to read ACOTAR and ACOMAF I would love to start this series as I have heard lots of praise on this series.
- Lord Of Shadows by Cassandra Clare because Shadowhunters are life!!!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber, is another book that has been given lots of praise by ARC readers and the premise sounds absolutely captivating.
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shanon, though I already own it, I am yet to read it so it must make my list for anticipated reads as it has not been released as yet.
And that concludes my not so extensive list of books I want to read in terms of what is being released this year, though there are many other books much like the Percy Jackson books that are ‘old’ that I still need to read.
What Books Are You Anticipating The Release Of This Year?
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a Lovely Night!!
Thank You so much for reading and I hope to see you all back here again Monday 🙂
I’m a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere!
© Jasper+Spice 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, some photos are my own and were featured on my Instagram @thebookishbree. Please follow me on Goodreads (jasperandspice).
Hey Ho Bookaholics!
Just WOW! That’s all I can say for Suzanne Young’s most recent installment in The Program series, The Epidemic…
In my review of The Epidemic by Suzanne Young, I stated that The Epidemic was the second-last book in The Program series, which it isn’t. It is – from what I have found out on Goodreads – the second book in the third-last book that has been published in the series. There will be two more books to be published as the final installments in the series. These are; The Adjustment and The Complication, and will both be from the point of view of a new character, Tatum, post fall of The Program.
The Adjustment is expected to be released on April 18th 2017 by Simon Pulse and is the third book (chronologically) in the series.
Continue reading “The Adjustment Anticipation Post”
Welcome back Bookaholics!
I’m back; and I have my first ever Book Cover Reveal to present to you, unveiling the cover of Brainwalker by R.Mundell and S.Lacast. This book is a YA Sci-Fi Fantasy and was released on October 1st, 2016, by Dualmind Publishing.
Terribly sorry for not uploading last Saturday, I’ve been very busy and I wanted Saturday’s post to be perfect (which it wasn’t) so I didn’t post it. I guess you can say this is a make-up post for not posting (which I am deeply sorry for), but you get three posts this week! Lucky Duckies ☺
Without further ado, let’s see this awesome cover!
s Continue reading “Brainwalker by R.Mundell & S.Lacast | Book Tour Blitz”
This Book Tag has been inspired by the upcoming release of Magnus Chase and The Hammer of Thor, the second book in the Magnus Chase series by Rick Riordan which will be published on October 6th. It is no way sponsored by the publisher or author.
Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor is the second book in the Gods of Asgard series by Rick Riordan, and will be released on October 4th.
This novel follows Magnus Chase as he embarks on his journey to find Thor’s hammer. Why you ask? Well the thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon–the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn’t just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can’t retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer’s return is the gods’ worst enemy, Loki–and the price he wants is very high.
Asgardian Book Tag
(ft. characters from Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard series)
There are 9 worlds in the Norse Mythology including Asgard. Asgard is one of the Nine Realms, more specifically the one inhabited by the Aesir tribe of Norse gods. Asgard is ruled over by Odin and his wife, Frigg. I spoke of Norse Mythology a bit in my Magnus Chase Anticipation post almost a year ago.
Continue reading “The Hammer of Thor + Asgardian Book Tag”
Hey Bookaholics, it’s finally Spring!
I saw this tag posted on The Reader & The Chef, and I knew I just had to do it! This Spring Tag is hosted by Beyond The Book Reviews and I’m Mad For Books, Luv which they posted back in March of this year when it was Spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
Continue reading “Spring Book Tag”